Mental Health Senior Data Manager/Analyst
|October 18, 2013 - December 17, 2013|
|Location:||New York, NY|
|Salary Range:||Salary Range: $82,854-$100,797 Location Pay: $3,026|
|Benefits:||Full Benefits Package|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Division/Department:||New York City Department of Mental Hygiene|
|Description:||Mental Health Senior Data Manager/Analyst
Salary: Grade 28
Salary Range: $82,854-$100,797
Location Pay: $3,026
The Research Foundation for Mental Hygiene, Inc. is seeking one (1) qualified candidate to fill the full-time position of Mental Health Senior Data Manager/Analyst in the Bureau of Mental Health’s Office of Research and Evaluation.
The Office of Research and Evaluation supports Bureau Leadership and Bureau Offices by providing surveillance, needs assessment research, and general research and data support. They directly support the work of all of the offices in the Bureau of Mental Health through help with data cleaning and analysis of program-specific data. In addition, they inform the larger public through publications and conference presentations. The Mental Health Senior Data Manager/Analyst will report directly to the Senior Epidemiologist; and will be responsible for providing a variety of data management, project management, and technical assistance support in relation to the following data sets: Medicaid claims data, State program data sets, Bureau-created databases, Department and Division data set, and, Other Federal and State data systems.
Work Location: 42-09 28th Street, Queens, New York 11101
Salary: Commensurate with experience
To Apply: Submit a resume and cover letter by December 17, 2013, on our website at http://corporate.rfmh.org – click on Employment Opportunities. Only applications submitted through our website will be considered.
The Research Foundation is a private not-for-profit corporation and is not an agency or instrumentality of the State of New York. Employees of the Research Foundation are not state employees, do not participate in any state retirement system, and do not receive state fringe benefits.
Excellent Benefits Package. AA/EEO Employer.
|Duties:||Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage all Mental Health data, including program-level and systems data.
• Create and maintain databases and data warehouses to more effectively server the Bureau’s business needs.
• Establish and manage all Mental Health Bureau data handling procedures;
• Troubleshoot all data capturing systems to help ensure quality and reliable data, and regularly monitor all data captured and reported for accuracy and consistency.
• Create staff-use and query-able datasets and databases with corresponding data dictionaries.
• Liaise with the Department’s Office of Information Management Systems, and the Division’s Bureau of Informatics and Information Technology on behalf of the Bureau of Mental Health.
• Develop timelines and workflow for various data- related projects.
• Oversee workload, assignments, and prioritization of data-related work by data analysts assigned to projects. Work closely with the Bureau’s epidemiologist to triage data requests from leadership
• Prioritize major data projects including working with both epidemiologic data sets and administrative data sets.
Technical Assistance and Training
• Provide technical assistance to Bureau leadership and staff about what data may be captured and reported through regular performance reports, and what data is needed to meet identified management needs and to track program outcomes .
• By collaborating with DOHMH staff and external partners, understand the relevant existing data systems used at DOHMH and the State Office of Mental Health. Effectively communicate to leadership and staff how these systems impact and inform the work of the Mental Health Bureau, and how each office may use the data captured by these systems to measure program and system performance.
• Conduct Bureau-wide data application training and technical assistance on generating “canned” and custom data reports.
Data Analysis and Reporting
• Research data sources, analyze large data sets, develop reports, and assess the meaning and relevance of findings.
• Work closely with programmatic leadership and staff to analyze program-level data of DMH providers and offer ongoing recommendations for data-driven tracking and refinement of programmatic outcomes.
• Identify and respond rapidly to requests for data and systems analysis from the Commissioner’s Office and the Mental Health Bureau units. This may include analysis of program-level data, and Citywide or national data that informs the work of the Bureau and its respective units.
• Based on a strong understanding of management and programmatic needs, create and update regular Bureau-wide “canned” reports for use by management and staff on a regular basis.
|Qualifications:||Minimum Requirements/ Preferred Skills
• A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college, including or supplemented by twenty-four (24) semester credits in computer science or a related computer field and two (2) years of satisfactory full-time software experience in designing, programming, including one year in a project leader capacity or as a major contributor on a complex project, or
• A four-year degree high school diploma or its educational equivalent and six (6) years of full0time satisfactory software experience as described in “1” above, including one year in a project leader capacity or as a major contributor on a complex project; or
• A satisfactory combination of education and experience that is equivalent to (1) or (2) above. College education may be substituted for up to two years of the required experience in (2) above on the basis that sixty (60) semester credits from an accredited college is equated to one year of experience. A master’s degree in computer science or a related computer field may be substituted for one year of the required experience in (1) or (2) above. However, all candidates must have a four year high school diploma or its educational equivalent, plus at least one (1) year of satisfactory full-time software experience in a project leader capacity or as a major contributor on a complex project.
NOTE: In order to have your experience accepted as Project Leader or Major Contributor experience, you must explain in detail how your experience qualifies you as s project leader or as a major contributor. Experience in computer operations, technical support, quality assurance (QA), hardware installation, helpdesk or as an end user will not be accepted for meeting the minimum qualification requirements.
• Extensive Experience with designing, implementing and managing large databases and data warehouse systems.
• Experience in data systems requirements gathering, including: cleaning, processing, and analyzing large datasets along with ability to presents findings to a wide range of audiences.
• Familiarity with MS SQL Server, T-SQL, Oracle, PL-SQL, Access, Excel, Sharepoint, VBA, C+, Oracle, SQL Servicer Reporting Services (SSRS), and web-based applications preferred.
• Self- motivated, self-disciplined and solutions oriented.
• Able to work independently and manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.
Get Notified of New Jobs at Research Foundation for Mental Hygiene, Inc.