|July 16, 2013 - September 05, 2013|
|Location:||New York, NY|
|Salary Range:||$45,498-$57,387 + $3,026 Location Pay|
|Benefits:||Full Benefits Package|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Division/Department:||New York City Department of Mental Hygiene|
|Description:||The Research Foundation for Mental Hygiene, Inc. is seeking one (1) qualified candidate to fill the full-time position of Contract Manager in the Office of the Agency Chief Contracting Officer within the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene.
The Office of the Agency Chief Contracting Officer is responsible for organizing and supervising the agency's contracting processes. The Office reviews and approves program requests for contracts and determines the appropriate solicitation methods. In addition, it manages vendor background clearances and liaises with the Mayor's Office of Contracts Services.
Location: 42-09 28th Street, Long Island City, NY 11101
Salary: Commensurate with experience
To Apply: Submit a resume and cover letter on our website by September 16, 2013, at http://corporate.rfmh.org - click on Employment Opportunities. Only applications submitted through our website will be considered.
The Research Foundation is a private not-for-profit corporation and is not an agency or instrumentality of the State of New York. Employees of the Research Foundation are not state employees, do not participate in any state retirement system, and do not receive state fringe benefits.
Excellent Benefits Package. AA/EEO Employer.
The Contract Manager under the supervision of the Agency Chief Contracting Officer (ACCO) and Deputy Agency Chief Contracting Officer (DACCO) will be responsible for the following:
1. Advise ACCO, D’ACCO, agency programs and bureaus on the most appropriate strategies for the selection and award of contracts with an emphasis on services, guidance to programs on the administration of contracts, including amendments, modifications and renewals.
2. Prepare various procurement documents, including Pre-Solicitation Review, Recommendation for Award and other documentation required by the City to support the procurement process.
3. Assist the ACCO, D’ACCO and the programs in compliance with citywide vendor integrity assessments and performance evaluation standards.
4. Communicate with vendors to request required procurement documents, and review submitted documents for completion and compliance with procurement rules.
5. Utilize Agency and Citywide systems in the processing and approval of procurement actions and contract awards.
|Qualifications:||Minimum Requirements/Preferred Skills:
1. A Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university and 6 months of satisfactory full-time professional experience in procurement of goods, services, construction or construction-related services, or professional, technical or administrative experience in contract negotiation management; or
2. An Associate degree or completion of 60 semester credits from an accredited college, and 18 months of satisfactory, full-time professional experience as described in (1) above; or
3. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent and two and one half (2½) years of satisfactory, full-time professional experience as described in (1) above; or
4. A combination of education and/or experience equivalent to (1), (2), or (3) above. College education may be substituted for professional experience under (2) or (3) above at the rate of 30 semester credits from an accredited college for 6 months or experience as described in (1) above.
5. Knowledge of the Procurement Policy Board (PPB) Rules and the NYC Charter as it relates to the oversight approval process.
6. Working experience with APT, FMS, and Vendex systems.
7. Ability to adapt to a fast-paced work environment and changing needs and priorities.
8. Strong organizational skills.
9. Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.