|July 12, 2013 - July 31, 2013|
|Location:||New York, NY|
|Salary Range:||$43,082 – Plus Location Pay $3,026 |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Division/Department:||New York City Department of Mental Hygiene|
|Description:||The Research Foundation for Mental Hygiene has an opening for a full-time temporary interventionist at the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (NYC DOHMH). The NYC DOHMH is one of the world’s oldest and largest public health agencies. It has a single mission: to protect and promote the health of all New Yorkers. Substance abuse intervention delivered in NYC DOHMH tuberculosis clinics, operated by Bureau of TB Control, will be the primary focus of this position. The interventionist will deliver substance use screening, brief motivational interventions, and develop appropriate referral plans for patients with increased risk factors for TB including, but not limited to, alcohol and other drug use. The incumbent works full-time of 35 hours per week, which may include Saturday hours. The main location for this position will be at DOHMH’s Morrisania Chest Center at 1039 Fulton Ave, Bronx, NY.
Location: 1309 Fulton Ave, Bronx, NY, 10456
To Apply: Submit an application and resume by July 31, 2013, through our website http://corporate.rfmh.org - click on Employment Opportunities. Only applications submitted through the RFMH website will be accepted.
The Research Foundation is a private not-for-profit corporation and is not an agency or instrumentality of the State of New York. Employees of the Research Foundation are not state employees, do not participate in any state retirement system, and do not receive state fringe benefits. Excellent Benefits Package. AA/EEO Employer
|Duties:||Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Screening individuals, and providing brief interventions and referral to treatment (SBIRT) for patients at risk for developing or presenting with a substance use disorder at a NYC DOHMH TB clinic site.
- Functioning as a member of a case management team.
- Use of an electronic medical record.
- Working directly with the other counseling staff to identify patients at risk for substance abuse or dependency or other risk factors for tuberculosis.
- Collect all required and related documentation.
- Assisting with special administrative tasks and projects whenever necessary to facilitate better patient care and/or program evaluation.
- Participate in training and professional development to develop competencies in areas related to patient care (e.g. interviewing/counseling, motivational interviewing, Screening Briefing Intervention Referral Treatment).
Bachelor’s degree in a health or human services related area and at least 1 year experience delivering behavioral health interventions, preferably related to substance use, tuberculosis, and/or other infectious diseases.
High school diploma and at least one year college level education and at least 5 years experience delivering behavioral health interventions preferably related to substance use, tuberculosis, and/or other infectious diseases.
Bilingual (English/Spanish) required
Preferred: Certified Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC)
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.