Research Scientist I
|May 10, 2013 - May 31, 2013|
|Salary Range:||$49,296 – $61,143 |
|Benefits:||Full Benefits Package|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Division/Department:||44 Holland Avenue|
|Description:||Research Scientist I
$49,296 – $61,143
The Research Foundation for Mental Hygiene, Inc. has an opening for a Research Scientist I – Data Analyst.
Location: 44 Holland Avenue, Albany, New York
Salary: $50,775 plus $3,026 Location Pay
To apply: Submit an application and resume by May 31, 2013, through our website http://corporate.rfmh.org - click on Employment Opportunities. Only applications submitted through the RFMH website will be accepted.
The Research Foundation is a private not-for-profit corporation and is not an agency or instrumentality of the State of New York. Employees of the Research Foundation are not state employees, do not participate in any ate retirement system, and do not receive state fringe benefits. Excellent Benefits Package, AA/EEO Employer.
|Duties:||The Analyst supports all the PSYCKES analytic needs, with a special focus on the PSYCKES application analytic needs, the incumbent is expected to complete the following:
• Work with the Team to develop the analytic priorities that are relevant to the Bureau’s projects; coordinate consultation regarding analytic strategies.
• Develop and maintain records that address the quality assurance of the PSYCKES application.
• Assist in the conduct of analytic plan(s) in accordance with the PSYCKES Medicaid Data Analysis Policy and Procedures, including code documentation and storing procedures.
• Write reports documenting the objective, methods, analyses and findings are to be written and submitted for review by Data Analysis Director and Bureau Director.
• Participate as a full team member of the PSYCKES Data Analysis Workgroup, including attending meetings, providing analytic consultation to other members of the Data Analysis Workgroup, and conducting analyses relevant to the Bureau’s work load, as needed.
• Other projects as needed
Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree and two years of professional research experience in the appropriate field, or a Master’s Degree in the appropriate field and one year of professional research experience in that field. Appropriate fields include Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, Regional Planning, Public Health, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, or a related social science field.
Preference will be given to candidates with experience with NYS OMH Medicaid data or other large state or federal databases; expertise in using SAS and/or SQL; expertise in sophisticated data modeling techniques; experience with mental health populations and providers; knowledge of psychotropic medications; experience presenting to both scientific and lay audiences; and experience in developing federally funded grants.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.