Research Assistant V, Grade 11
|April 05, 2013 - April 22, 2013|
|Location:||New York, NY|
|Salary Range:||$34,503.00 to $35,377.00.00 Plus $3,026.00 Location Pay|
|Benefits:||Full Benefits According to Percentage of Full-Time|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Division/Department:||PI- Substance Abuse|
|Description:||The Research Assistant will be involved in a number of clinical trials that evaluate the effectiveness of medications for treating drug dependence. |
The trials will run at two Manhattan sites and will require traveling between the two locations.
|Duties:||The responsibilities will include but are not limited to:|
1) subject recruitment,
2) conduct telephone screening interviews,
3) implement research studies described in the funded grants as approved by the IRB,
4) maintain case reports forms,
5) data maintenance/entry, help with data analysis and graphics,
6) maintain study supplies and equipment,
7) schedule participant appointments,
8) administer selected study instruments and coordinate self-report instruments,
9) drawing blood (will be trained if not already a certified phlebotomist), perform urine drug screens, vital signs and EKGs,
10) IRB and NIH correspondence,
11) grant and manuscript preparation,
12) preparation of recruitment materials (ads, flyers, brochures), and
13) tracking recruitment efficacy and budgets
|Qualifications:||Bachelorís degree with emphasis on behavioral sciences preferred or training and experience to compensate.
Must be certified in phlebotomy or obtain certification before drawing any blood samples.
Must be well-organized and have excellent interpersonal skills. Flexible work schedule and the ability to travel between research sites. Must be meticulous in carrying out research protocols and enjoy working with human subjects. Must be familiar with various software programs (e.g. Excel, Word, Powerpoint, SPSS, ADOBE)
The Research Foundation is a private not-for-profit corporation and is not an agency or instrumentality of the State of New York. Employees of the Research Foundation are not state employees, do not participate in any state retirement system and do not receive state fringe benefits. Excellent benefits package, AA/EEO Employer.
Applications will only be accepted through website at: http://corporate.rfmh.org then click on Employment Opportunities. Applications will be accepted only during the posting dates as listed at the top of the job announcement.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.