Housing Best Practices Specialist
|March 04, 2013 - April 26, 2013|
|Location:||New York, NY|
|Salary Range:||$70,931-$86,699 + $3,026 Location Pay|
|Benefits:||Full Benefits Package|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Division/Department:||New York City Department of Mental Hygiene|
|Description:||Housing Best Practices Specialist
Salary: Grade 25
Salary Range: $70,931-$86,699
Location Pay: $3,026
The Research Foundation for Mental Hygiene, Inc. is seeking one (1) qualified candidate to fill the full-time position of Housing Best Practices Specialist in the Bureau of Mental Health.
The Office of Housing Services is currently responsible for overseeing approximately 200 housing programs and creating new housing opportunities for homeless New Yorkers with mental hygiene disorders so that they may live independently in the community. DOHMH funds the services and operating costs for approximately 4,800 units of supportive housing and has an additional 4,000 units in development that are scheduled to open over the next ten years and which will result in an additional 50 or more new contracts for the: chronically homeless mentally ill, youth aging out of foster care, families with a head of household with mental illness, single adults with disabling substance use, single adults who have completed a course of treatment for substance use disorder or families with a head of household with a substance use disorder.
Work Location: 42-09 28th Street, Queens, New York 11101
Salary: Commensurate with experience
To Apply: Submit a resume and cover letter by April 26, 2013, on our website at http://corporate.rfmh.org – click on Employment Opportunities. Only applications submitted through our website will be considered.
The Research Foundation is a private not-for-profit corporation and is not an agency or instrumentality of the State of New York. Employees of the Research Foundation are not state employees, do not participate in any state retirement system, and do not receive state fringe benefits.
Excellent Benefits Package. AA/EEO Employer.
|Duties:||Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Research best practices, program models and program performance standards
• Perform data analysis.
• Develop strategies and implementation plans for the promotion of recovery oriented and consumer centered services.
• Develop and implement surveys, questionnaires and other surveillance methods, identify potential data sources, and analyze new and existing data sets to inform program planning and evaluation activities
• Develop informational tools and training materials for best practice implementation within supportive housing provider agencies.
• Develop psycho-educational material for tenants promoting best practice models for recovery.
• Conduct trainings and presentations on supportive housing best practices.
• Represent the Office of Housing Services and bureau with other stake holders and contracting agency meetings.
• Manage projects in support of data system development for supportive housing.
• Work closely with bureau leadership and colleagues and other external stakeholders to coordinate information sharing on supportive housing best practices and their implementation.
• Other duties as assigned.
|Qualifications:||Minimum Requirements/ Preferred Skills:
• A Master's degree from an accredited college in economics, finance, accounting, business or public administration, operations research, organizational behavior, social services, criminal justice, public health, urban studies, organizational research or program evaluation, program planning/evaluation, and two (2) years of satisfactory full-time professional experience; or
• A Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and three (3) years of professional experience in (1) one above.
• Experience in Supportive Housing and Mental Health Recovery Based Research and Public Health Policy.
• Experience in quantitative and qualitative analytical methods.
• Able to work independently and manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, SAS/SPSS.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.