Temporary Part-time Interventionist
|February 27, 2013 - March 15, 2013|
|Location:||New York, NY|
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
|Division/Department:||New York City Department of Mental Hygiene|
|Description:||Temporary Part-time Interventionist
Salary Grade 15
The Research Foundation for Mental Hygiene, Inc. has an opening for a part-time temporary interventionist at the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (NYC DOHMH). The NYC DOHMH is one of the world’s oldest and largest public health agencies. It has a single mission: to protect and promote the health of all New Yorkers. Substance abuse intervention delivered in NYC DOHMH STD clinics, operated by Bureau of STD Control, will be the primary focus of this position. The interventionists will deliver substance use screening, brief motivational interventions, and develop appropriate referral plans for patients with increased risk factors for sexually transmitted disease including, but not limited to, alcohol and other drug use. This position will include day, evening and Saturday hours. This position will rotate locations among NYC DOHMH health clinics located in four boroughs (Manhattan, Queens, Bronx, and Brooklyn) and has flexible hours (50% or higher).
Locations: 34-33 Junction Blvd, Jackson Heights, 90-37 Parsons Blvd. Jamaica, 295 Flatbush Ave. Extension, Brooklyn, 1309 Fulton Ave, Bronx, 303 9th Ave, New York, 2238 5th Ave, New York
To Apply: Submit an application and resume by March 15, 2013, through our website http://corporate.rfmh.org - click on Employment Opportunities. Only applications submitted through the RFMH website will be accepted.
The Research Foundation is a private not-for-profit corporation and is not an agency or instrumentality of the State of New York. Employees of the Research Foundation are not state employees, do not participate in any state retirement system, and do not receive state fringe benefits.
Excellent Benefits Package. AA/EEO Employer
|Duties:||Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Screening individuals, and providing brief interventions and referral to treatment (SBIRT) for patients at risk for developing or presenting with a substance use disorder at a NYC DOHMH clinic site.
- Functioning as a member of a case management team.
- Use of an electronic medical record.
- Working directly with the other counseling staff to identify patients at risk for substance abuse or dependency or other risk factors for HIV/STDs
- Collect all required and related documentation
- Assisting with special administrative tasks and projects whenever necessary to facilitate better patient care and/or program evaluation.
- Participate in training and professional development to develop competencies in areas related to patient care (e.g. interviewing/counseling, motivational interviewing, Screening Briefing Intervention Referral Treatment).
Bachelor’s degree in a health or human services related area and at least 1 year experience delivering behavioral health interventions, preferably related to substance use and/or sexual behavior.
High school diploma and at least one year college level education and at least 5 years experience delivering behavioral health interventions preferably related to substance use and/or sexual behavior.
Bilingual (English / Spanish) required
Preferred: Certified Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC)
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.