Director of Rehabilitation Programs
|February 22, 2013 - March 15, 2013|
|Location:||New york, NY|
|Benefits:||Full benefits Package|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Division/Department:||New York City Department of Mental Hygiene|
|Description:||Director of Rehabilitation Programs
Salary: Grade 30
Salary Range: $91,644.-$111,073
Location Pay: $3,026
The Research Foundation for Mental Hygiene, Inc. is seeking one (1) qualified candidate to fill the full-time position of Director of Rehabilitation Programs in the Bureau of Mental Health.
The Office of Rehabilitation is responsible for managing all contracted and designated mental health Clubhouse, Psychosocial Club, Employment, Advocacy, Self-Help, Outreach and Mobile Crisis programs. In addition, the Office of Rehabilitation monitors program performance through data collection and analysis, ongoing site visits, and the provision of technical assistance to providers to improve program performance and functioning in order to best serve NYC consumers. This office works closely with the Offices of Housing and Consumer Affairs to ensure that services provided to supported housing tenants promote employment and recovery and advocacy programs are consumer driven.
The Director of Mental Health Rehabilitation Programs is responsible for rehabilitation service delivery in New York City, with particular emphasis on the oversight and management of those programs with contracts and agreements with the Department totaling over $62 million in Rehabilitation services. The Director will oversee the management of all contracted Mental Health Rehabilitation programs and the monitoring of program performance through data collection and analysis, ongoing site-visits, and the provision of technical assistance to providers to improve program performance and functioning in order to best serve NYC consumers.
Work Location: 42-09 28th Street
Queens, New York 11101
Salary: Commensurate with experience
To Apply: Submit a resume and cover letter by March 15, 2013, on our website at http://corporate.rfmh.org/ - click on Employment Opportunities. Only applications submitted through our website will be considered.
The Research Foundation is a private not-for-profit corporation and is not an agency or instrumentality of the State of New York. Employees of the Research Foundation are not state employees, do not participate in any state retirement system, and do not receive state fringe benefits.
Excellent Benefits Package. AA/EEO Employer.
|Duties:||Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Establish the strategic direction and provide broad-reaching oversight to the Office of Mental Health Rehabilitation Programs and its staff;
• Establish programmatic policy through conducting ongoing analyses of all Rehabilitation-related programs, activities, regulatory and legislative issues, and best practices ;
• Identify and disseminate best practices and innovation in Rehabilitation programs and present findings to the Assistant Commissioner, Division Leadership, and the executive offices;
• Identify opportunities for growth and development of Rehabilitation programs Citywide;
• Integrates the Office’s goals and objectives into the larger DOHMH mission;
• Establish performance-management systems and ensure that they are effective and improvements are made as needed;
• Oversee the collection and analysis of data to monitor program efficacy and inform future planning, as well as research to identify the ongoing needs of consumers and best practices in Rehabilitation;
• Respond rapidly to requests for program research and analysis on all related Rehabilitation programs from the Assistant Commissioner, Commissioner’s Office, and other mental Health Bureau units;
• Ensure the performance of all contracted Rehabilitation programs is monitored effectively and corrective action is implemented to improve program outcomes;
• Serve as the primary liaison for Office to senior and executive management, providers, provider groups, and State partners, including representing the Office at internal/external meetings;
• Prepare and present monthly and quarterly reports on Office activities and program performance to the executive leadership;
• Perform follow-ups and engage mental health staff from other offices including the Office of Criminal Justice, Housing Office, Treatment Office, the Assisted Outpatient Treatment (AOT) Office, and the Rehabilitation Office with program related issues and performance updates;
• Collaborate on projects with other offices in the Bureau of Mental such as Housing and Care Coordination and the Division’s Office of Consumer Affairs;
• Provide direct supervision to Mental Health Rehabilitation Office staff;
• Conduct regular performance reviews of all direct reports;
• Other duties as assigned.
|Qualifications:||Minimum Requirements/ Preferred Skills:
• A Master’s degree from an accredited college and 5 years of full-time professional satisfactory experience acquired within the last fifteen years, in mental health Rehabilitation services, or in a public health, environmental health, or mental hygiene program, at least 24 months in a managerial capacity, consisting of managerial experience clearly demonstrating the ability to perform difficult and responsible managerial work, requiring independent decision-making concerning program management, planning, allocation of resources, and the scheduling and assignment of work; or
• A Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and seven years of full-time professional satisfactory experience acquired within the last fifteen years, in mental health Rehabilitation services, or in a public health , environmental health, or mental hygiene program, at least 24 months in a managerial capacity, consisting of managerial experience clearly demonstrating the ability to perform difficult and responsible managerial work, requiring independent decision-making concerning program management, planning, allocation of resources, and the scheduling and assignment of work; or
• Education and/or experience equivalent to (1) above. Education may be substituted for experience on the basis that each 30 graduate semester credits from an accredited college in hospital administration, public health; public administration, business administration, management or administration can be substituted for one year of non-managerial experience up to a maximum of 60 semester credits for two years.
• Knowledge of mental health Rehabilitation services, and the service delivery system
• Strong data management, analytical and management skills and experience monitoring and negotiating human and non-human services contracts
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.
Get Notified of New Jobs at Research Foundation for Mental Hygiene, Inc.