Director of Community Treatment Services
|February 22, 2013 - March 08, 2013|
|Location:||New York, NY|
|Benefits:||Full Benefits Package|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Division/Department:||New York City Department of Mental Hygiene|
|Description:||Director of Community Treatment Services
Salary: Grade 32
Salary Range: $101,782-$122,500
Location Pay: $3,026
The Research Foundation for Mental Hygiene, Inc. is seeking one (1) qualified candidate to fill the full-time position of Director of Community Treatment Services in the Bureau of Mental Health.
The Bureau of Mental Health is responsible for mental health service delivery and planning for New York City residents with mental health needs. Through contracting directly with NYC service providers, the Bureau is responsible for procuring and overseeing over 700 treatment, rehabilitation, housing, case management, advocacy, and Assisted Outpatient Treatment programs with a total value of over $200 million. Bureau staff are responsible for managing the development, implementation, and oversight of ongoing and new contracted mental health programs. Through these contracts and through its policy, planning and advocacy work, the Bureau seeks to facilitate access and quality care and recovery for all New York City residents.
Reporting to the Assistant Commissioner for Mental Health, the Director of Community Treatment Services will serve as the primary advisor for the Bureau on mental health treatment and health integration issues to senior and executive management, providers/medical community, and other government partners, including representing the Bureau at internal/ external meetings and events. In addition, the Director of Community Treatment Services will identify and disseminate best practices and innovations in mental health treatment for individuals living with mental illness, and respond to requests for information and assistance from consumers, providers, and the public on behalf of the Bureau of Mental Health. The Director of Community Treatment Services oversees 3 offices with up to 13 professional program management and administrative staff.
Work Location: 42-09 28th Street Queens, New York 11101
Salary: Commensurate with experience
To Apply: Submit a resume and cover letter by March 8, 2013, on our website at http://corporate.rfmh.org/ - click on Employment Opportunities. Only applications submitted through our website will be considered.
The Research Foundation is a private not-for-profit corporation and is not an agency or instrumentality of the State of New York. Employees of the Research Foundation are not state employees, do not participate in any state retirement system, and do not receive state fringe benefits.
Excellent Benefits Package. AA/EEO Employer.
|Duties:||Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Identify and disseminate best practices and innovation in care for the programs serving individuals with mental illness;
• Manage the review process through which the department comments on all PAR (Prior Approval Review) proposals submitted to the State Office of Mental Health (OMH) regarding changes in Article 31 outpatient mental health programs ;
• Provide direct oversight of a portfolio of Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) Teams including technical assistance, quality assurance and compliance monitoring;
• Respond rapidly to requests for research and analysis on all related treatment programs for individuals living with mental illness from the Assistant Commissioner, Commissioner’s Office, and other Mental Health Bureau units;
• Provide leadership in the areas of health care integration across the behavioral health, primary care and medical systems including the area of health information technology;
• Seek to reduce the incidence of depression and to increase the access to effective treatment for individuals with psychiatric disabilities in New York City living with depression;
• Oversee the collection and analysis of data to monitor program efficacy and inform future planning, as well as research to identify the ongoing needs of consumers and best practices in Rehabilitation
• Provide leadership and oversight of the Department’s role in the implementation of Medicaid Managed Care Special Needs Plans and ongoing Medicaid reform in New York City;
• Work closely with the Assisted Outpatient Treatment program to ensure provider compliance and access to needed services for individuals living with serious mental illness;
• Liaise with the New York City inpatient and outpatient treatment systems on major system planning, policy, oversight and quality improvement issues including hospital discharge planning, treatment planning, and other service needs;
• Work directly with the New York State Office of Mental Health (OMH) to ensure that mental health services in New York City are of the highest quality and efficacy;
• Coordinate data collection and performance reporting to Department leadership by closely integrating all efforts with the Department’s overall reporting requirements, including helping to establish and manage a streamlined process for tracking and reporting all data and indicators for internal and external review, including Monthly and Quarterly Performance Reports;
• Prepare and present monthly and quarterly reports on Office activities and program performance to the executive leadership;
• Other duties as assigned.
|Qualifications:||Minimum Requirements/ Preferred Skills:
• A Master’s degree from an accredited college and 5 years of full-time professional satisfactory experience acquired within the last fifteen years, in a clinical, public health , environmental health, or mental hygiene program, at least 24 months in a managerial capacity, consisting of managerial experience clearly demonstrating the ability to perform difficult and responsible managerial work, requiring independent decision-making concerning program management, planning, allocation of resources, and the scheduling and assignment of work; or
• A Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and seven years of full-time professional satisfactory experience acquired within the last fifteen years, in clinical, public health , environmental health, or mental hygiene program, at least 24 months in a managerial capacity, consisting of managerial experience clearly demonstrating the ability to perform difficult and responsible managerial work, requiring independent decision-making concerning program management, planning, allocation of resources, and the scheduling and assignment of work
• Knowledge of mental health Treatment services, and the service delivery systems for individuals with mental illness
• Strong data management, analytical and management skills and experience monitoring and negotiating human and non-human services contracts
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, SPSS, SAS
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.
Get Notified of New Jobs at Research Foundation for Mental Hygiene, Inc.