Research Compliance Coordinator, Grade 26
|February 11, 2013 - February 14, 2013|
|Location:||New York City, NY|
|Salary Range:||$74,667.00 to $75,000.00 ($59,733.60 to $60,000.00 @ 80%)|
|Benefits:||Full Bnefits According to Percentage of Full-Time |
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
|Division/Department:||PI- Institute Administration|
|Description:||This individual will be responsible for overseeing research compliance to assure that members of the faculty of the Department of Psychiatry and investigators at New York State Psychiatric Institute are in compliance with sponsored projects regulations of our institutions and sponsors, particularly as it pertains to effort reporting and conflict of interest polices and procedures. |
|Duties:||• Implement an effective research compliance program to include standard operating procedures, oversight responsibilities, staff training, and educational modules, with particular emphasis on conflict of interest and effort reporting.|
• Work closely with Research Compliance Manager, keep apprised of all grant proposals at pre-award to ensure compliance with applicable conflict of interest and effort reporting rules and regulations.
• Design, implement, and monitor an effective research compliance program coordinating departmental-wide initiatives to prevent, detect and respond appropriately to compliance risks, with particular focus on conflict of interest and effort reporting.
• Work with the RFMH Director and with the Columbia University Department of Psychiatry to design, implement, and monitor an effective effort reporting program. Coordinate departmental-wide initiatives to ensure accurate and timely effort reporting and monitoring of same.
• Serve as the departmental representative on relevant University committees and workgroups.
• Liase with the Columbia University Office of Research Compliance and Training and RFMH Corporate to ensure consistency of departmental policies with applicable federal and state regulations and with University policies and procedures.
• Assist with the coordination, preparation, and logistical management of all external audits and/or implementing appropriate corrective action plans.
• Develop and implement a communication strategy regarding relevant compliance issues and external audit information. Disseminate critical communications to relevant senior administrators and/or committees.
• Keep apprised of changes in the field and develop expertise on relevant best practices (local, regional, and national) in the above subject areas
• Oversee the development and maintenance of information systems to assist in the above
|Qualifications:||BA degree required - advanced degree preferred.
The Research Foundation is a private not-for-profit corporation and is not an agency or instrumentality of the State of New York. Employees of the Research Foundation are not state employees, do not participate in any state retirement system and do not receive state fringe benefits. Excellent benefits package, AA/EEO Employer.
Applications will only be accepted through website at: http://corporate.rfmh.org then click on Employment Opportunities. Applications will be accepted only during the posting dates as listed at the top of the job announcement.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.