|February 04, 2013 - March 08, 2013|
|Location:||New York, NY|
|Salary Range:||$54,628 - $67,484 + Location Pay: $3,026|
|Benefits:||Full Benefits Package|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Division/Department:||New York City Department of Mental Hygiene|
Salary Grade 20
$54,628 - $67,484
(Location Pay: $3,026)
The Research Foundation for Mental Hygiene, Inc. is seeking one (1) qualified candidate to fill the full-time position of Contract Manager in the Office of the Agency Chief Contracting Officer within the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene. The Office of the Agency Chief Contracting Officer is responsible for organizing and supervising the agency's contracting processes. The Office reviews and approves program requests for contracts and determines the appropriate solicitation methods. In addition, it manages vendor background clearances and liaises with the Mayor's Office of Contracts Services.
Location: 42-09 28th Street, Long Island City, NY 11101
To Apply: Submit a resume and cover letter by March 8, 2013, on our website at http://corporate.rfmh.org/ - Click on Employment Opportunities. Only applications submitted through our website will be considered.
The Research Foundation is a private not-for-profit corporation and is not an agency or instrumentality of the State of New York. Employees of the Research Foundation are not state employees, do not participate in any state retirement system, and do not receive state fringe benefits.
Excellent Benefits Package. AA/EEO Employer.
The Contract Manager under the supervision of the Agency Chief Contracting Officer (ACC) and Deputy Agency Chief Contracting Officer (DACCO) will be responsible for the following:
1. Advise ACCO, DACCO, agency programs and bureaus on the most appropriate strategies for the selection and award of contracts with an emphasis on services, guidance to programs on the administration of contracts, including amendments, modifications and renewals.
2. Prepare various procurement documents, including Requests for Proposals, Competitive Sealed Bids, Project Definitions, and other documentation required by the City to support and manage the procurement process.
3. Direct program staff on the solicitation development, vendor selection processes, and contract award processes.
4. Manage contract portfolio for specified initiatives.
5. Assist the ACCO, DACCO and the programs in compliance with citywide vendor integrity assessments and performance evaluation standards.
6. Conduct special studies in respect to contract activity, analyzing and preparing reports based on analysis of pertinent data; ensuring that the agency database for contract activity is current and accurate.
7. Represent the ACCO and DACCO in key meetings with officials within and outside the agency.
|Qualifications:||Minimum Requirements/Preferred Skills:
1. A Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university and 6 months of satisfactory full-time professional experience in procurement of goods, services, construction or construction-related services, or professional, technical or administrative experience in contract negotiation management; or
2. An Associate degree or completion of 60 semester credits from an accredited college, and 18 months of satisfactory, full-time professional experience as described in (1) above; or
3. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent and two and one half (2½) years of satisfactory, full-time professional experience as described in (1) above; or
4. A combination of education and/or experience equivalent to (1), (2), or (3) above. College education may be substituted for professional experience under (2) or (3) above at the rate of 30 semester credits from an accredited college for 6 months or experience as described in (1) above.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.