Program Manager II
|January 09, 2013 - January 24, 2013|
|Benefits:||Full Benefits Package|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Division/Department:||44 Holland Avenue|
|Description:||Program Manager II
The Research Foundation for Mental Hygiene, Inc. is seeking one (1) qualified individual to fill the position of Program Manager of Medicaid Redesign Initiatives. The New York State Office of Mental Health, in collaboration with the Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services (OASAS), is implementing managed care for behavioral health populations using Special Needs Plans (SNPs) and Behavioral Health Organizations (BHO) to improve the quality of care provided and to control costs. The OMH has an accelerated timeframe for rolling out SNPs and BHOs related to Medicaid redesign.
The Program Manager will, under the direction of the Office of Mental Health’s Director of Program and Policy Development, be responsible for performing a wide range of management, policy development, planning and program implementation duties to support the program’s goals and objectives.
Work Location: 44 Holland Avenue, Albany, NY
To Apply: Submit a resume and cover letter by January 24, 2013, on our website at http://corporate.rfmh.org/ - click on Employment Opportunities. Only applications submitted through our website will be considered.
The Research Foundation is a private not-for-profit corporation and is not an agency or instrumentality of the State of New York. Employees of the Research Foundation are not state employees, do not participate in any state retirement system, and do not receive state fringe benefits. Excellent benefits package. AA/EEO Employer.
|Duties:||Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Program Manager will coordinate with the Director of Program and Policy Development for the planning, implementation, evaluation, policy development and oversight of behavioral health managed care projects as needed. Related tasks include:
• Directing the implementation and monitoring of the program and financial aspects of managed care programs for persons with mental illness that include mental health services, physical health services and substance abuse services. This job duty includes the following:
o Overseeing the completion of complex data analysis utilizing OMH and DOH resources to extract Medicaid and expenditure data associated with assigned projects and special population cohorts
o Monitoring and analyzing changes to the Medicare Part D program and program changes that impact recipients, while ensuring changes are disseminated properly and timely
o Providing expert technical assistance to providers by interpreting OMH regulations regarding Medicaid and assisting mental health service providers with Medicaid billing and documentation issues
o Working collaboratively with the DOH to assess the impact on providers and recipients regarding mental health issues related to Medicaid Managed Care which include eligibility, benefits, exclusions, limits and program expansion
• Assisting in the development of the benefit package services that would be utilized in a managed behavioral health program for adults with SMI;
• Coordinating with Actuary Liaison and Financial Management in the costing and expected utilization of new benefit package services for rate cohorts;
• Programmatically defining the benefit package services including how Health Home Care Coordination will be integrated into the benefit package;
• Defining the integration of Health Home Care Coordination services into the SNP/BHO benefit package;
• Identifying the credentials necessary for the delivery of benefit package services;
• Programmatically monitoring the delivery of benefit package services;
• Overseeing the Clinic Technical Assistance Center to provide expert guidance on programmatic and fiscal best practices;
• Participating in BHO audits in order to conduct programmatic reviews and evaluate performance; Evaluating BHO data submissions via analysis and preparing a detailed report of areas of concern; and
• Participating in the on-going review of OMH clinics in fiscal crisis and developing policy recommendations.
|Qualifications:||Minimum Requirements/Preferred Skills:
1. A Masters degree in public health, social sciences, public administration, or closely related field from accredited college;
2. At least three years experience in research and/or policy development related to individuals with serious mental illness or chronic diseases;
3. Experience with or knowledge of New York State public health insurance programs including analysis of Medicaid claims and encounter data;
4. Experience developing behavioral health policy in accordance with the goals of the NYS Medicaid Redesign Team;
5. Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills;
6. Ability to think creatively and strategically;
7. Capable of working both independently and as a member of a team; and,
8. Proficient in the use of standard office technology and basic Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.