|December 26, 2012 - February 28, 2013|
|Location:||New York, NY|
|Salary Range:||$57,524 - $70,944 Location Pay: $3,026|
|Benefits:||Full Benefits Package|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Division/Department:||New York City Department of Mental Hygiene 42-09 28th Street Queens|
Salary Grade 21
$57,524 - $70,944
Location Pay: $3,026
The Research Foundation for Mental Hygiene, Inc. is seeking one (1) qualified candidate to fill the full-time position of Epidemiologist in the Office of the Executive Deputy Commissioner within the Division of Mental Hygiene. This Division is responsible for administering, planning, contracting, monitoring, and evaluating community mental health, alcohol and drug use services, developmental disabilities in adults and early intervention services for children under three years old who have a developmental delay or disability within the City of New York. In addition, MHY plans and collaborates with other City agencies to provide a variety of uniquely targeted programs including those for individuals who are homeless or who have co-occurring disorders.
Work Location: 42-09 28th Street
Queens, NY 11101
Salary: Commensurate with experience
To Apply: Submit a resume and cover letter by February 28, 2013, on our website at http://corporate.rfmh.org - click on Employment Opportunities. Only applications submitted through our website will be considered.
The Research Foundation is a private not-for-profit corporation and is not an agency or instrumentality of the State of New York. Employees of the Research Foundation are not state employees, do not participate in any state retirement system, and do not receive state fringe benefits.
Excellent Benefits Package. AA/EEO Employer.
The Epidemiologist, under the supervision of the Senior Mental Hygiene Epidemiologist, will be responsible for the following:
1. Designing analytic strategies to determine program effectiveness, evaluate outcomes, and improve quality
2. Designing and conducting analyses of existing data to support planning for process change and new initiatives.
3. Designing and conducting research and surveillance to better understand mental hygiene needs
4. Designing and leading surveys to obtain new data to support services planning
5. Conducting analyses of data on patterns and trends of mental hygiene areas and their related morbidity, mortality, economic cost, and social and environmental influences on health
6. Work closely with Senior Epidemiologist to prioritize and rapidly respond to data requests from internal and external stakeholders.
7. Authoring technical and research reports for senior managers and external stakeholders and publications based on findings from analyses
8. Working closely with Bureau leadership and staff to and coordinate analysis and research
9. Providing technical assistance and consultation to other Epidemiologist and data analyst on best practices in analytic design methods and analysis.
|Qualifications:||Minimum Requirements/Preferred Skills:
1. A Doctoral degree or Doctoral candidate from an accredited college or university with specialization in an appropriate field of physical, biological, environmental or social science.
2. A Masterís degree from an accredited college or university with specialization in an appropriate field of physical, biological, environmental or social science and two years of responsible full-time research experience in the appropriate field of specialization; or
3. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to (1) or (2) above. However, all candidates must have at least a Masterís degree in an appropriate field of specialization and at least two years of experience described in (2) above.
4. Proficiency with SAS and other statistical analysis software
5. Experience Managing population-based studies in mental health
6. Experience managing and analyzing databases
7. Excellent written, oral and organizational skills
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.