Director Adult Services
|December 11, 2012 - January 04, 2013|
|Location:||New York, NY|
|Salary Range:||$78,710 - $105,831|
|Benefits:||Full Benefits Package|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Division/Department:||550 New York City Field Office|
|Description:||December 11, 2012
Director Adult Services
Salary Grade 27-29
Salary Range: $78,710 - $105,831
Location Pay: $3,026
The Research Foundation for Mental Hygiene, Inc. is seeking one (1) qualified candidate to fill the full-time position of Director of Adult Services at the Office of Mental Health’s New York City Field Office.
The Office of Mental Health is responsible for the oversight, licensing and development of mental health services for residents of New York State. The NYC Field Office covers the New York City region including all 5 boroughs and is responsible for licensing over 700 programs and overseeing $200 million in contracts. In collaboration with the New York City Department Of Health and Mental Hygiene (NYCDOHMH), NYC Field Office staff is responsible for the development, implementation and oversight of licensed or contracted mental health programs to ensure full access to quality, community-integrated, recovery focused treatment.
Under the leadership of the NYC Director and Deputy Director, the Director of Adult Services will be responsible for supervising the operations of adult services and coordinating efforts within the NYC Field Office for BHO and Health Homes implementation. The incumbent will be instrumental in maintaining ongoing relations and communications between the Field Office staff and service providers. This includes the dissemination of OMH policies and procedures, development of guidance and technical assistance opportunities, identification of areas for process improvement, formulating resolution strategies and evaluating outcomes. In addition, the incumbent will provide ongoing feedback to OMH and other appropriate stakeholders. Strong leadership, communication and mediation skills are essential qualities for this position.
This is a time of significant change in the health care industry. The Director of Adult Services will be a critical member of the leadership team at the NYCFO that will be responsible for transitioning the current public mental health system into a Medicaid managed care delivery system.
Work Location: OMH NYC Field Office, 330 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10001
Salary: Commensurate with experience
To Apply: Submit a resume and cover letter by January 4, 2013, on our website at http://corporate.rfmh.org - click on Employment Opportunities. Only applications submitted through our website will be considered.
The Research Foundation is a private not-for-profit corporation and is not an agency or instrumentality of the State of New York. Employees of the Research Foundation are not state employees, do not participate in any NYS retirement system and do not receive state fringe benefits. Excellent Benefits Package. AA/EEO Employer.
|Duties:||Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise Field Office Borough Teams, responsible for integrating and coordinating all mental health services for adults;
- Work with inpatient facilities and outpatient providers to promote a system of care approach emphasizing continuity of care and communications among provider organizations;
- Engage provider community to meet the goals of the NYCFO/OMH that ensures quality programming for adult consumers of mental health services,
- Establish and maintain initial and on-going systems change education;
- Assist in the development of standards, processes, and policies and
procedures for NYCFO ;
- Engage in efforts to enhance collaboration that develops relationships among
the BHO, Health Home Providers, NYCDOHMH and Field Office; and
Participates in strategic planning that provides rapid implementation of structural changes to Field Office operations as needed
|Qualifications:||Minimum Requirements/ Preferred Skills:
- A Master's degree from an accredited college in public administration, human resources management, psychology, social work, rehabilitation counseling, human resources development, or a closely related field; and
- Five to ten years of progressive supervisory, professional or administrative experience in the development, operation and/or implementation of the mental health service delivery system for State facilities, counties or local/private agencies in three (3) or more of the following areas: program development, management procedures, community organization, resource planning, funding, program proposals, advisory boards, consumer and community advocacy and intergovernmental relations;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Strong leadership skills with an innovative and progressive style;
- Excellent written, oral, analytical and organizational skills;
- Excellent computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Preferred: Five years of this experience in a managerial, administrative and supervisory capacity. Successful work experience in contracts management with local government with attention to program implementation and multi-system coordination.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.