|November 27, 2012 - December 03, 2012|
|Location:||New York, NY|
|Benefits:||Full Benefits Package|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Division/Department:||New York City Department of Mental Hygiene|
|Description:||Training Coordinator: Project Hope
The Research Foundation for Mental Hygiene, Inc. (RFMH) is currently seeking to fill one (1) full- time, salaried positions to serve as Training Coordinator for Project Hope.
Project Hope is a program that provides free crisis counseling services to persons, families, and groups most affected by Hurricane Sandy. Project Hope is funded by the Federal Emergency and Management Agency (FEMA) and the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration and is administered by the New York State Office of Mental Health (OMH) in conjunction with the RFMH. This position will be located at located in New York City, New York.
The incumbent will assist the training directors in the coordination of all aspects of the planning and delivery of training to agency crisis counseling staff providing direct service under the Project Hope grant for those affected by Hurricane Sandy in designated New York State counties. The current position runs through December 29, 2012, with a probable extension for up to one year.
Location: New York, New York
To Apply: Submit an application and resume by December 3, 2012, through our website at http://corporate.rfmh.org - click on Employment Opportunities. Only applications submitted through our website will be accepted.
The Research Foundation is a private not-for-profit corporation and is not an agency or instrumentality of the State of New York. Employees of the Research Foundation are not state employees, do not participate in any state retirement system, and do not receive state fringe benefits. Excellent benefits package. AA/EEO Employer.
|Duties:||Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Provide ongoing assessment of training needs
• Development/adaptation of training materials to this specific disaster in response to identified need
• Management of all training logistics including finding space for training, registration, publicity, ensuring materials are available for sessions, arranging for audio-visual needs, etc.
• Maintain records regarding training attendance
• Evaluation of the quality of training programs offered and identification of areas for improvement based on response
• Development and compilation of required reports
• Assuring the cultural awareness and sensitivity of programs delivered
• A bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university in the fields of education, public health, human services, social services, psychology, sociology or human services program management
• Four years of education and training experience in a human services setting. A Master’s Degree in education or a closely related field may be substituted for two-years of experience in education and training
• Proficiency with computers and the standard office professional software packages
• Fluency in the English language
• The ability to work independently
• Ability to travel to program sites as required
Preference will be given to those candidates with experience as a trainer in a public health field and have experience with disaster and /or trauma response.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.