|November 23, 2012 - November 28, 2012|
|Benefits:||Full Benefits Package|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Division/Department:||44 Holland Avenue|
Project Hope Albany
Salary: Grade 14
The Research Foundation for Mental Hygiene, Inc. (RFMH) is seeking to fill one (1) full-time salaried position to serve as Administrative Assistant for Project Hope.
Project Hope is a program that provides free crisis counseling services to persons, families, and groups most affected by Hurricane Sandy. Project Hope is funded by the Federal Emergency and Management Agency (FEMA) and is administered by the New York State Office of Mental Health (OMH) and the RFMH. This Position will be located in Albany, NY.
The incumbent will report to the Project Hope Director and will support all central office staff. This is a grant-funded position. The initial grant period will run through December 29, 2012, with probable extension through September 2013.
Work Location: Albany, NY
To Apply: Submit a resume and cover letter by Wednesday, November 28, 2012, on our website at http://rfmh.iapplicants.com/searchjobs.php Only applications submitted through our website will be considered.
The Research Foundation is a private not-for-profit corporation and is not an agency or instrumentality of the State of New York. Employees of the Research Foundation are not state employees, do not participate in any state retirement system, and do not receive state fringe benefits. Excellent Benefits Package. AA/EEO Employer.
|Duties:||Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide general administrative and logistic support to the Director and central office staff
• Prepare memos, letters, articles and documents for distribution, mailing or faxing
• Assist in the coordination of all activities of Project Hope
• Manage program projects to ensure office efficiency
• Organize meetings, coordinate and communicate with participants, take meeting minutes
• Create tools and systems to track project process and milestones
• Manage public interface using customer service skills, answering and routing incoming inquiries quickly and appropriately
• Assist with requests for information
• Conduct word processing; photocopying; filing; faxing; answering phones; processing incoming mail; and
• Other duties or projects as directed by supervisor
|Qualifications:||Minimum Requirements/ Preferred Skills:
• A Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university, accredited by regional, national, professional or specialized agencies recognized as accrediting bodies by the US Secretary of education and by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) and one year relevant experience
• Or, an Associate degree or 60 semester credits from an accredited college and three (3) years
of progressively responsible relevant experience
• Prior office/administration experience and strong organizational skills are required
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
• Strong interest in mental health or emergency response is preferred
• Strong interpersonal skills are required
• Ability to work well under pressure while juggling multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to make sound decisions consistent with functions
• Ability to prioritize with minimal supervision and work independently as well as function as a member of a team
• Proficiency in computer packages including MS Office applications.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.