Performance Management Program Manager
|November 21, 2012 - December 07, 2012|
|Benefits:||Full Benefits Package|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Division/Department:||44 Holland Avenue|
|Description:||November 21, 2012
Performance Management Program Manager
The Research Foundation for Mental Hygiene, Inc. is seeking one (1) qualified individual to fill the full-time position of Performance Management Program Manager in the Office of Performance Management and Evaluation (OPME).
OPME is responsible for performance measurement, program evaluation and services research activities at the New York State Office of Mental Health (OMH) Central Office. Reporting to the Director of OPME, the individual hired will be responsible for overseeing OPME functions including development of performance metrics and data collection standards as well as extraction, compilation, manipulation, and analysis of data to: (1) inform policy and program planning related to the development of Behavioral Health Managed Care in NYS; (2) measure and track the performance of Behavioral Health Organizations in improving outcomes for public mental health consumers; (3) produce statistical reports to comply with Federal and State reporting mandates; and (4) respond to data requests from OMH executives, the NYS Legislature, the Division of the Budget, local governing units, providers and advocacy organizations.
Work Location: 44 Holland Avenue, Albany, NY
To Apply: Submit a resume and cover letter by December 7, 2012, on our website at http://rfmh.iapplicants.com/searchjobs.php Only applications submitted through our website will be considered.
The Research Foundation is a private not-for-profit corporation and is not an agency or instrumentality of the State of New York. Employees of the Research Foundation are not state employees, do not participate in any state retirement system, and do not receive state fringe benefits. Excellent benefits package. AA/EEO Employer.
|Duties:||Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Performance Management Program Manager will design, plan, conduct, and direct evaluation research and data analyses that have major policy, programmatic, and budgetary implications and have the potential to make important contributions to the scientific field. The individual filling this position will be expected to take complete responsibility for the timely and satisfactory completion of all phases of the projects, including formulation of measurement metrics, development of the methods to collect, analyze and produce metrics, statistical analysis, interpretation of findings, and preparation of reports. The specific responsibilities associated with this position are as follows:
• Manage staff and projects related to the development of Behavioral Health Managed Care Performance Metrics in the Office of Performance Measurement and Evaluation;
• Explore and recommend to OMH executive staff productive avenues of evaluation and research to address goals set by the Governor and the agency related to Behavioral Health Managed Care;
• Design creative and original methodologies to examine complex oversight and outcome questions, and develop practical and efficient work plans to successfully execute these designs;
• Lead workgroups comprised of high-level staff from OMH, other State agencies, county agencies, community organizations, and academic institutions in planning, coordinating, and implementing performance measurement and quality oversight of Behavioral Health Managed Care initiatives;
• Collaborate with researchers and evaluators from other government agencies, universities, and private research firms in the development of performance metrics;
• Interpret research and evaluation findings related to Performance Metrics and translate them into substantive recommendations regarding promising policy, programmatic, and practice directions related to Behavioral Health Managed Care for OMH executives and State and local policymakers and practitioners; and,
• Prepare comprehensive reports covering all aspects of the evaluation research undertaken, including hypotheses, methodology, description and interpretation of key findings, implications, and recommendations, for dissemination to OMH executives, legislators, the Governor, Division of the Budget, and state, local, and national policymakers and researchers.
|Qualifications:||Minimum Requirements/Preferred Skills:
1. A bachelor’s degree and five years of professional research experience in the appropriate field; or a master’s degree and four years of such experience; or a doctorate in the appropriate field and two years of such experience. Appropriate fields include Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, Public Health, Biostatistics, Economics, Epidemiology, or a related field;
2. Knowledge of organizational and financing issues for behavioral health services including the roles of the Medicaid and Medicare programs and managed care;
3. Proficient in the use of SAS and SQL, and experience with manipulating extremely large datasets and relational databases in a data warehouse environment;
4. Strong analytic and programming skills for quantitative statistical analysis including familiarity with multilevel regression modeling, survival analysis and other advanced statistical techniques;
5. Proficient in the use of standard office technology and basic Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
6. Ability to communicate and interact effectively with information technology, program, finance and legal staff among other intra‐agency partners;
7. Ability to think creatively and strategically;
8. Capable of working both independently and as a member of a team;
9. The preferred candidate will have experience in both public health and mental health care systems and analytic experience with a large variety of populations, diseases, and programs areas, although applicants without prior experience with mental health care data are also encouraged to apply. Extensive experience working with Medicaid claim, encounter and recipient data is strongly preferred.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.
Get Notified of New Jobs at Research Foundation for Mental Hygiene, Inc.