Criminal Justice Analyst
|November 19, 2012 - December 15, 2012|
|Location:||New York, NY|
|Benefits:||Full Benefits Package|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Division/Department:||New York City Department of Mental Hygiene|
|Description:||Criminal Justice Analyst
Salary: Grade 24
Salary Range: $67,222-$82,344
Location Pay: $3,026
The Research Foundation for Mental Hygiene, Inc. is seeking one (1) qualified candidate to fill the full-time position of Criminal Justice Analyst in the Bureau of Mental Health.
The Bureau of Mental Health is responsible for mental health service delivery to residents of New York City. Through contracting with NYC service providers and administering programs directly, the Bureau is responsible for procuring and overseeing over 400 treatment, rehabilitation, housing, case management, advocacy, and Assisted Outpatient Treatment programs comprising over $200 million. Bureau staff is responsible for managing the development, implementation, and oversight of ongoing and new contracted mental health programs in order to ensure full access and quality, community-integrated, recovery focused care for all residents.
The office of the Criminal Justice Special Advisor oversees all activities for people with serious mental illness who have been touched by the criminal justice system and all activities aimed at preventing individuals with serious mental illness from becoming involved in the criminal justice system.
Work Location: 42-09 28th Street Queens, New York 11101
Salary: Commensurate with experience
To Apply: Submit a resume and cover letter no later than December 15, 2012, on our website at http://corporate.rfmh.org - click Employment Opportunities. Only applications submitted through our website will be considered.
The Research Foundation is a private not-for-profit corporation and is not an agency or instrumentality of the State of New York. Employees of the Research Foundation are not state employees, do not participate in any state retirement system, and do not receive state fringe benefits.
Excellent Benefits Package. AA/EEO Employer.
|Duties:||Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Collect, analyze and present data relevant to topic issues or policy projects.
• Assist program specialist, administration office and fiscal department to oversee the development, implementation and oversight of criminal justice related contracts (In some cases provide direct oversight of such contracts and programs)
• Perform policy analyses and basic data/ economic analyses.
• Identify resources including grant funding to support increased and improved forensic programming and initiatives for individuals with serious mental illness including diversion/alternative to incarceration programming;
• Analyze and assess/survey the landscape of mental health services in NYC for their current practices around forensic activities for the individuals they serve;
• Identify, research, and analyze public policies and best practices that have the potential to support forensic activities in NYC;
• Create metrics, standards of care, research evidence-based practices and implement measures of accountability for behavioral health providers to better manage and coordinate the behavioral health of individuals with forensic backgrounds;
• Identify best practices, innovation, and opportunities for growth and development;
• Develop and manage efforts to improve the use of data to track and improve mental health outcomes for people with forensic backgrounds;
• Other duties as assigned.
|Qualifications:||Minimum Requirements/ Preferred Skills:
• A Master's degree from an accredited college in economics, finance, accounting, business or public administration, operations research, organizational behavior, social services, criminal justice, public health, urban studies, organizational research or program evaluation, program planning/evaluation, and two (2) years of satisfactory full-time professional experience; or
• A Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and three (3) years of professional experience in (1) one above.
• Background, knowledge and experience working within the criminal justice and behavioral health systems; with an understanding of the unique needs of individuals with mental illness involved in the criminal justice system
• Ability to think strategically around policy, program development, and project management
• Excellent written ,oral , and organizational skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel ,Power Point, SAS/SPSS
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.