Administrative Assistant, NYC Project Hope
|November 19, 2012 - December 03, 2012|
|Location:||New York, NY|
|Benefits:||Full Benefits Package|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Division/Department:||New York City Department of Mental Hygiene|
|Description:||Administrative Assistant, NYC Project Hope
Salary: Grade 14
Location Pay: $3,026
The Research Foundation for Mental Hygiene, Inc. (RFMH) is seeking to fill one (1) full-time salaried position to serve as Administrative Assistant for Project Hope.
Project Hope is a program that provides free crisis counseling services to persons, families, and groups most affected by Hurricane Sandy. Project Hope is funded by the Federal Emergency and Management Agency (FEMA) and is administered by the New York State Office of Mental Health (OMH) in conjunction with NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene and the RFMH. This position will be located in the Bureau of Mental Health at the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene.
The incumbent will report to the Director, NYC Project Hope and will support all staff in the unit. This is a grant-funded position. The initial grant period will run through December 29, 2012, with an anticipated total duration of one (1) year.
Work Location: 42-09 28th Street Queens, New York 11101
To Apply: Submit a resume and cover letter by Monday, December 3, 2012, on our website at: http://corporate.rfmh.org - click on Employment Opportunities. Only applications submitted through our website will be considered.
The Research Foundation is a private not-for-profit corporation and is not an agency or instrumentality of the State of New York. Employees of the Research Foundation are not state employees, do not participate in any state retirement system, and do not receive state fringe benefits.
Excellent Benefits Package. AA/EEO Employer.
|Duties:||Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide general administrative and logistic support to the Director and NYC Project Hope staff
• Prepare memos, letters, articles and documents for distribution, mailing or faxing
• Assist in the coordination of all activities of NYC Project Hope
• Manage program projects to ensure office efficiency
• Organize meetings, coordinate and communicate with participants, take meeting minutes
• Create tools and systems to track project process and milestones
• Manage public interface using customer service skills, answering and routing incoming inquiries quickly and appropriately
• Assist with research as needed and respond promptly to requests for information
• Conduct word processing, photocopying, filing, faxing, answering phones; processing incoming mail; and
• Other duties or projects as directed by supervisor
|Qualifications:||Minimum Requirements/ Preferred Skills:
• A Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university, accredited by regional, national, professional or specialized agencies recognized as accrediting bodies by the US Secretary of education and by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) and one year relevant experience
• Or, an Associate degree or 60 semester credits from an accredited college and three (3) years of progressively responsible relevant experience
• Prior office/administration experience and strong organizational skills are required
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
• Strong interest in mental health or emergency response is preferred
• Strong interpersonal skills are required
• Ability to work well under pressure while juggling multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to make sound decisions consistent with functions
• Ability to prioritize with minimal supervision and work independently as well as function as a member of a team
• Proficiency in computer packages including MS Office applications
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.